Thank you for your desire to serve at Calvary Chapel! At a recent orientation meeting, Pastor Tim Molter shared a vision for our volunteers. Here are some keys points he shared:
- Your ministry flows from your relationship with Jesus. Make sure your spending time with God each day. Your love for Jesus will overflow into the way you serve.
- You are not “just” a volunteer. You are family and you’re helping people in a real way.
- We want you to serve where you will thrive. We want you to enjoy the area of serving.
- We pray you look forward to serving each week. If not take a week off or two to help avoid burn-out.
- We want to know what is going on in your life. Ministry here is a family, we bear each other’s burdens and rejoice in other’s joys. We can’t do that, however, if we don’t know what’s going on in your life. Please always feel welcome to send us prayer requests. We know the Pastor look busy on Sunday mornings, but send an email, and we will connect with you during the week!
- If you have a question–ask! We want to make sure you have everything you need to serve as unto the Lord. You also have a perspective that we need to hear so please share your feedback with us.
- What you do is important to the overall vision and mission of the church.
- God sees your acts of service. Hebrew 6:10 says, “God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people and continue to help them.”
We are adding a Volunteer Handbook that we trust will help to better inform our volunteers and help us all keep on the same page to ensure safety and efficiency in serving. Please take time to read and review the information below:
- Orientation Meeting
- Philosophy of Ministry & Core Values
- Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Handbook
- Shadow an Experienced Volunteer & See How To
- Serve & Get Feedback from Experienced Volunteer
- Ongoing Training