Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. –1 Peter 4:10
Questions About Serving?
- 1. We want people who are born-again Christians (John 3:3-7,16) called by God to join us in this work. We ask that you attend regularly for 6 months before serving. This not only helps you know that this is your church home, but also allows us time to get to know you.
- 2. Serving flows from your relationship with Jesus. Make sure you’re spending time with God each day. Your love for Jesus will overflow into the way you serve. You can’t give what you don’t have. You’ll need to read/listen to your Bible, pray regularly, and be in church fellowship.
- 3. We want you to serve where you will thrive and enjoy the ministry of serving. When you serve the Lord, stay motivated by His love for you. We train by having you observe and then serving with supervision (I do, you watch -> I do, you help -> You do, I help -> You do, I cheer).
- 4. We want you to look forward to serving. If not, take a week off or two to help avoid burn-out. Family is our first ministry, and the more we have someone who can fill-in for us, be on a rotating schedule, the better we can all remain healthy. This is why we desire to equip teams and do the work of ministry together.
- 5. Serving was an essential part of Jesus’ ministry on earth (Matthew 20:28). As we follow Christ, we follow the example He gave us and serve one another in love (Galatians 5:13). We believe that God has given each of us specific and unique gifts and talents to use for His glory in the way of serving Him and His church.
- Complete the Ministry Application to start the process to serve at Calvary Chapel Fergus Falls. Once you submit it, we will be in touch soon with the next steps.
- Once approved we will help you take the next step. You can also review the Church Service opportunities to sign-up for.