We usually post a recommend book but this month we are posting a recommend resource by Focus on the Family. The world today is more confused on the issue of when life begins that ever before and as Christ followers we need to to know the truth about life and death, and also how to engage in a winsome conversation with others.
This resource highlights the top arguments for abortion and how to respond with pro-life views. Use it to shape your next conversation with a family member, friend, neighbor, colleague, or stranger. We want to help you share your pro-life views with grace and confidence, not hostility and resentment.
Focus on the Family wants to give you some real, practical guidance in standing up for the sanctity of human life. This 5-part video series called “Expressing Pro-Life Views in Winsome Ways” features Scott Klusendorf, president of the Life Training Institute.
This presentation is available online for free at:
Video #1 – “Acknowledging the Pre-Born as Fully Human”
Video #2 – “A Persuasive Case for the Pre-Born”
Video #3 – “How Science is Settled on the Pre-Born”
Video #4 – “Why Economics and Hardship Aren’t Good Reasons for Abortion”
Video #5 – “What About a Woman’s Right to Choose?”
Video #6 – “What about if there is an adverse prenatal diagnosis?”
Go to the I Am Pro-Life Facebook page and like and follow to stay informed. This group shares news and encouragement to help you be an informed citizen and an empowered advocate for life.
Download the “Expressing Pro-Life Views in Winsome Ways” discussion questions for additional reflection on your own or with a small group.
Get your whole family involved!
- Check out the Valuing Life from the Start PDF. This guide will give you age-appropriate lessons and activities for everyone in your household.
- Read through the article and sign the Declaration for Life for Kids. This resource will help you explain to the children in your life why pro-life views are important to you.
Download the Guide to Engaging Your Neighbor PDF. It highlights the top arguments for abortion and how to respond with pro-life views. Use it to shape your next conversation with a family member, friend, neighbor, colleague, or stranger.
Memorize and meditate on:
- Psalm 139:13-14a ESV: “For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.”
- Genesis 1:27 ESV: “So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”
- Psalm 127:3 ESV: “Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.”
- Mark 12:31 ESV: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Proverbs 31:8 NIV: “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves.”
Get Scott Klusendorf’s companion resource The Case for Life. This book gives you more depth from what you’ll learn in this video series.
Learn about how to start an Embrace Grace group at your church. Embrace Grace helps women with unplanned pregnancies find support and belonging.
Have you had an abortion? Do you know someone who has had an abortion? You are not alone or outside of God’s love and redemptive care. These post-abortive resources can help.
Find your local Pregnancy Help Center at OptionLine:
- Get involved by volunteering
- Refer someone who is facing an unplanned pregnancy
Thank you for partnering with us and encouraging other pro-life advocates to be a voice for life.