In this Christian classic, Alan Redpath blends insights from the life of David from 1st and 2nd Samuel, 1st Chronicles, and Psalms to demonstrate how God shapes those who are responsive to his love. David was a shepherd and a king, a soldier and a poet, a sinner and a saint. He was also a man after God’s own heart.
Alan Redpath shows how through the life of David the conversion of a soul is the miracle of a moment, but the making of a saint is the task of a lifetime. You will see this truth most clearly as you learn about the turbulent and triumphant times in the life of the shepherd-king David. And despite his faults, great and small, David became a man who wondrously understood and reflected the mind of a perfect God.
I believe that both men and women will find themselves identifying with David’s struggles and triumphs, and that this book will give you a glimpse of how God is continually shaping you for His glory as well as He did for David.
How to get this resource:
- See if the book is available from your local library – It’s free
- The Making of a Man of God (The Chapel Store) at: http://thechapelstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=12167
- The Making of a Man of God (Christian Book) at: https://www.christianbook.com/making-lessons-from-the-life-david/alan-redpath/9780800759223/pd/59220
- The Making of a Man of God (Amazon) at: https://www.amazon.com/Making-Man-God-Lessons-David/dp/0800759222
- The Making of a Man of God (Walmart) at: https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Making-of-a-Man-of-God/2407940