Every Children’s Ministry volunteer goes through the following screening process and must meet these requirement to serve with Calvary Chapel Fergus Falls.
1. Fill out a Volunteer Application which asks for general information, beliefs, references and background information.
2. In the application we require three personal references. We call every reference and ask about the applicant’s character and their thoughts about them working with children.
3. We use Protect My Ministry for the following background checks-
– National Sex Offender Search
– National Criminal Database Search
– SSN Verification and Address History
4. No applicant is permitted to serve with children if they have ever been arrested or convicted for child abuse.
5. All volunteers are trained with the specifics policies and Children’s Ministry policies of Calvary Chapel Fergus Falls to ensure safety throughout all the classrooms. This includes, but is not limited to emergency procedures, classroom evacuations, medical procedures, health standards, reporting child abuse, and more.
6. Every new Children’s Ministry volunteer serves beside an approved leader for the first few weeks.
7. Every new Children’s Ministry volunteer wears an ID badge, verifying they have been screened to serve Calvary Chapel Fergus Falls.