Are you living like an orphan or an adopted child of God? The gospel of Jesus Christ doesn’t simply reconcile us vertically to God but also reconciles us horizontally to one another. In this book Russell Moore invites you into a conversation about adoption between both God and us, and with us and children who are in need of a family. I believe more firmly now than before that adoption forms a “real” family and that our adoption in Christ means the church is a family made up of all adopted sons and daughters of God.
As Christians we should care about the things that God cares about which is people. And if Christians did not adopt, do foster-care, help single parents, or care of orphans then we would be hypocrites to be only known as being pro-life. We should be caring for human life at all stages and care for individuals as Christ would.
The mission to share the love of Jesus includes caring for those around us. Too often we think of missionaries as those off in a far away country serving the Lord, but each of us are missionaries too and even more so if we are looking out for children around us from other countries. Once you read this book you’ll never view adoption the same again and that’s why I highly recommend and encourage you to learn more through reading this book.
How to get this resource:
- See if the book is available from your local library – It’s free
- Adopted for Life (Russell More) at: https://www.russellmoore.com/books/adopted-for-life/
- Adopted for Life (Christian Book) at: https://www.christianbook.com/adoption-christian-families-churches-expanded-edition/russell-moore/9781433549212/pd/549212
- Adopted for Life (Amazon) at: https://www.amazon.com/Adopted-Life-Priority-Adoption-Christian/dp/1433549212/
- Adopted for Life (Walmart) at: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Adopted-for-Life/45054840