We are a community of faith where people are pursuing and experiencing a transforming relationship with Jesus. No matter your background, baggage, or beliefs, you’re invited to come just as you are and experience the difference Jesus makes. We focus our time together as a spiritual family with worship, fellowship, Bible study, and prayer.
Our Vision: To glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ
Now this isn’t just “our vision”… we believe it’s God’s vision for his church. We want to be people who are devoted to worshiping Jesus, people who love each other deeply, and people who help others grow deeper in their relationship with Jesus. We desire to equip you by our example and by simply teaching the Bible simply from Genesis to Revelation. “I entrust you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance…” Acts 20:32
The Mission & Our Purpose
Jesus said to His disciples: “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and surely I am with you always, even to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
We want to be obedient to Jesus and help you tell others about the good news of forgiveness of sins through Jesus, help others grow closer to Jesus, and be equipped in the community. We do that by:
1. Win – Share the gospel and love people to Jesus
2. Disciple – Live and teach the Bible to those saved in Jesus
3. Send – Equip followers of Jesus to go and minister to others for Jesus
It’s all about Jesus! Not about religion, but a personal relationship with God and life in His Kingdom. We simply love God and love people!
The Model & Our Culture
The early church “continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.” Acts 2:42, 47
We want to continue in the blessings the Lord has given to His church, and we don’t come as consumers, but as servants. We do this by:
1. Doctrine: We love to learn from the Bible, because all of God’s Word is living and powerful. We carve out time to be alone for Bible reading and make time to join with others to study His Word. The B-I-B-L-E, yes that’s the book for us. The Word of God is the foundation of what we believe and it equips us (Eph. 4:11-12; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; Acts 20:27).
“Simply teaching the Bible Simply”. You can’t know how to apply the Bible to life, unless you understand what the Bible really says, and this is why we teach through the Bible in an expository fashion, verse by verse, chapter by chapter, book by book and always in context (Neh. 8:8; Acts 20:27; Heb. 4:12). God is present in His Word!
2. Fellowship (koinōnia): We love spending time together and seek a bond that surpasses that of our natural families which is only possible because of our common fellowship with Jesus (Matt. 12:46, Luke 14:26). As a spiritual family we care for each other, do life together, and encourage one another because we are united in the grace of God (Heb. 10:24-25, 1 Cor. 12:12-27, 1 Peter 4:10). God is present in fellowship!
3. Breaking of Bread: We love getting to know each other better over a meal and regularly celebrate the Lord’s Supper (Acts 2:46, 1 Cor. 11:23-26). We can’t stop thanking God for His mercy and have communion together which is not an obligation we try to squeeze in, but the proclamation of the sacrifice of Jesus’ on the cross for our sins and the celebration of His resurrection. God is present in Communion!
4. Prayer: We make time to be alone in prayer and make time to join with others to pray. We love to pray to God and as we do it changes us to trust Him even more. We pray for each other as well because it is the ultimate weapon we have for the spiritual warfare in which we face daily (Eph. 6:10-20, 1 Thes. 5:16-18). God is present when we pray!
This is the pattern which allows for us to be a group devoted to the presence of God, and a fellowship who desire to please God.
Our Beliefs & Philosophy
Calvary Chapel of Fergus Falls has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know God and be more like Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only their over-emphasis of doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ. We believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
We are a non-denominational, Bible-believing church established to worship, glorify, and share the good news of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We encourage you to review our Statement of Faith & Philosophy of Ministry, and the history of the Calvary Chapel movement.
Our Leadership & Spiritual Family
The Bible says that Jesus is the “head” of the church. So we think Jesus should be in charge (Colossians 1:17-18; Ephesians 5:22-25; 1 Peter 5:3-5; Matthew 16:18). We have a Church Leadership Team of humble men who get together with our Pastor regularly to pray and seek the Lord together. They are men of integrity who wait until the Lord gives clear direction and with a consensus move forward as God leads. We encourage you to review our Leadership Values.
There are those who consider Calvary Chapel as ‘their church family’ and it’s such a joy to fellowship together. Ephesians 4:12 tells us that the ministry of the church leaders is to equip of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ. We each have a place in the body of Christ, and we invite you to join us as we study God’s Word together, honor God together through worship, find accountability, find support in trials, gain opportunities for service, and make disciples.
“And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25
Our Sr. Pastor & Bible Teacher
Tim Molter is the senior pastor at Calvary Chapel of Fergus Falls and his Bible studies and services reflect his dedication to, and love of the Word of God. His every effort is directed to glorifying our Lord and leading all who would hear to the Mercy and Grace of God.
Pastor Tim has served with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association as an online counselor and discipleship coach helping others find peace with God and grow in the love and knowledge of Christ. In addition to the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Pastor Tim has studied at the Blue Letter Bible Institute, the Harold John Ockenga Institute with Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, and at Calvary Chapel Chico under the tutelage of Pastor Sam Allen, where he served for many years in various ministries. After gaining experience there, he heard God call him to moved back to his birthplace of Fergus Falls to shepherd the church the Lord is establishing.
Pastor Tim and his family have a love for helping people and are excited to see God transforming lives. To God be all the glory!
Tim and his wife Anna have several children: sons Joshua & Caleb, and several babies already in Heaven
“But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.” Acts 20:24