It’s all about JESUS!
We are a community of people who are in process. We have imperfect messy lives, but we are pursuing and experiencing a transforming relationship with Jesus. No matter your background, baggage, or beliefs, you’re invited to come just as you are. We focus our time together as a family through worship, fellowship, studying the Bible, and prayer.
Our Vision: To see people come to Jesus and grow in the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ!
We believe that being a part of the local church is not about religion, but a relationship with Jesus. We consider it a privilege to help you learn about God’s love and we do that by simply teaching the Bible simply, verse by verse, chapter by chapter, book by book, from Genesis to Revelation. Let’s grow in the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ and serve our unstoppable King!
“I entrust you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance…” Acts 20:32
Our Mission & Purpose
Jesus said: “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and surely I am with you always, even to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
- Win (share the Gospel) and love people to Jesus
- Disciple and teach the Bible to those saved by Jesus
- Send out fully equipped Christians who have a passion to serve Jesus
It’s all about Jesus! Not about religion, but a relationship with God and life in His Kingdom.
Our Model & Practice
The early church “continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.” Acts 2:42, 47
1. Doctrine: We love to study and learn the entire Word of God, because all of the Word of God is living and powerful. The Word of God is the foundation of what we believe and it’s all about Jesus (Eph. 4:11-12; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; Acts 20:27).
“Simply teaching the Bible Simply”. You can’t know how to apply the Bible to life, unless you understand what the Bible really says, and this is why we teach through the Bible in an expository fashion, verse by verse, chapter by chapter, book by book and always in context (Isa. 28:10; Neh. 8:8; Heb. 4:12).
2. Fellowship (koinōnia): We care for each other and do life together as friends and family united in the grace of God. We rejoice in our unity through Jesus Christ because even though we are imperfect people we get to help each other draw closer to God (Hebrews 10:24-25).
3. Breaking of Bread: We love spending time together and love getting to know each other better over a meal together (Acts 2:46). We also love having communion together (the cup and the bread in remembering Jesus’ finished work on the cross).
4. Prayer: We love to pray to God and remember that He is in control. We pray for each other as well because it is the ultimate weapon we have for the spiritual warfare in which we face daily (Eph. 6:10-20).
Calvary Chapel of Fergus Falls has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know God and be more like Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only their over-emphasis of doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ. We believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
The Bible says that Jesus is the “head” of the church. So we think Jesus should be in charge (Colossians 1:17-18; Ephesians 5:22-25; 1 Peter 5:3-5; Matthew 16:18). We have a Church Leadership Team of men who get together with our Pastor regularly to pray and seek the Lord together. They will wait until the Lord gives clear direction and then move forward as He leads. There are those who consider this church as ‘their church family’ and it’s such a joy to fellowship together.
This is your fellowship too! Please talk to us if you have ideas for outreach or for ministry.
Sr. Pastor / Bible Teacher
Tim Molter is the senior pastor at Calvary Chapel of Fergus Falls and his Bible studies and services reflect his dedication to, and love of the Word of God. His every effort is directed to glorifying our Lord and leading all who would hear to the Mercy and Grace of God.
Pastor Tim has served with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association as an online counselor and discipleship coach helping others find peace with God and grow in the love and knowledge of Christ. In addition to the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Pastor Tim has studied at the Blue Letter Bible Institute, the Harold John Ockenga Institute with Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, and at Calvary Chapel Chico under the tutelege of Pastor Sam Allen, where he served for many years in various ministries. After gaining experience there, he moved back to his birthplace of Fergus Falls to shepherd the church the Lord is establishing.
Pastor Tim and his family have a love for the people of Fergus Falls and are excited to see God transforming lives. To God be all the glory!
Tim and his wife Anna have three children: their son Joshua, their baby who is already in Heaven, and their son Caleb
Acts 20:24 “But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.”